This stone cross has been erected long the road from Bertrix to Ochamps, at the edge of the forest of Luchy, in memory of Colonel Henry Detrie who commended the 20th Infantry Regiment in the French Army, and of the soldiers who died with him.
On August 22 1914, Colonel Detrie's Regiment had left Bertrix and crossed the forest of Luchy up to its Northern edge where they tried to get out towards Ochamps. But the German soldiers, who were occupying the village and its surroundings prevented them from doing it. Under violent ennemy fire, the French battalions, unable to go forward, quickly thined out. Moreover, a German offensive, real ambush, suprized them in the forest and made them go back towards Herbeumont in the greatest unrest.
Colonel Detrie's cross is accompanied with an explantion board about the battles of Luchy and Ochamps
(Source: Jean-Luc Duvivier de Fortemps / Maison du Tourisme du Pays de la Haute-Lesse).